Also, I have an irrational fear to the part when you describe the music. I had to answer with character, texture, style, period, dynamics, tonality, etc.
My examiner's name is Pete Rossers. He is a jazz trainer and pianist.
I noticed every year all my examiners would do a slip up. This year was no different.
I had finished playing my scales and he said, "Okay, now we'll call your pianist in."
Before I could say I was playing Partita 2 Allemanda by Bach first which is not accompanied, he rung the bell, and soon before I knew it, my pianist entered.
"Aren't you supposed to be playing Bach first?" she whispered.
Before I could answer, the examiner said, " Oops, sorry."
Outside, I was like staring at him, but on the inside, I was like ROTFL (rolling on the floor laughing).
Overall, my playing was so damn squeaky my eardrums were going to bleed.
When it was time for aural, I was pratically FREAKING OUT.
Thank goodness I could sing the lower part (and my voicesounded really bad), for the cadence part I'm pretty sure I got it wrong, and the modulations were pretty easy.
Since he is a jazz trainer, I was guessing he would play me a 20th Century piece (jazzy songs come from here), but nope, I was wrong!
He played me a very light and staccato song and had very little dynamics, so it is quite obvious it is a Baroque period song (composers: Bach, Scarlatti, etc.)!
After my exam and after we picked my sister up, we went to watch Shaun the Sheep the Movie.
It was actually pretty hilarious!
Gotta go and bathe now! Tata!
My examiner's name is Pete Rossers. He is a jazz trainer and pianist.
I noticed every year all my examiners would do a slip up. This year was no different.
I had finished playing my scales and he said, "Okay, now we'll call your pianist in."
Before I could say I was playing Partita 2 Allemanda by Bach first which is not accompanied, he rung the bell, and soon before I knew it, my pianist entered.
"Aren't you supposed to be playing Bach first?" she whispered.
Before I could answer, the examiner said, " Oops, sorry."
Outside, I was like staring at him, but on the inside, I was like ROTFL (rolling on the floor laughing).
Overall, my playing was so damn squeaky my eardrums were going to bleed.
When it was time for aural, I was pratically FREAKING OUT.
Thank goodness I could sing the lower part (and my voicesounded really bad), for the cadence part I'm pretty sure I got it wrong, and the modulations were pretty easy.
Since he is a jazz trainer, I was guessing he would play me a 20th Century piece (jazzy songs come from here), but nope, I was wrong!
He played me a very light and staccato song and had very little dynamics, so it is quite obvious it is a Baroque period song (composers: Bach, Scarlatti, etc.)!
After my exam and after we picked my sister up, we went to watch Shaun the Sheep the Movie.
It was actually pretty hilarious!
Gotta go and bathe now! Tata!
No comments:
Post a Comment